Windows 8 no longer has a Start menu, so you need to configure the application shortcuts from Windows Explorer. Here's how to do that:
- Press the Windows + E key to bring up Windows Explorer on the Windows Desktop.
- Navigate to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Here you will find the shortcuts to most of the applications that you install.
- Now locate the shortcut you want to configure, right-click it, and select Properties to configure the keyboard shortcut. Depending on your UAC settings, you may need to provide administrator permission to change these settings.
Note: Some Windows built-in applications are stored in other locations. Here are the common locations for those apps:
- Notepad: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
- Command Prompt: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3